What is the Supernova Ball Drop?
The Supernova Ball Drop, located at the Novotel New York Times Square, is one of the most hip places (if not the best!) to celebrate New Year’s Eve, 12/31/13. With a direct view of the ball dropping from most areas of the venue, the Supernova Ball Drop will provide the perfect music and food to take in the million-dollar view of Times Square.
Will I be able to see a direct view of the Ball drop?
Tables with direct views of the Ball Drop (inside):
- OPTION 1 – window tables in private area;
- OPTION 2 & OPTION 3 – tables in private area ;
- OPTION 6 – access to all areas of event (except private areas & South Terrace), table not included.
For all our guests:
Direct views of the Ball Drop from different areas of the event space (as the bar area), and from the outdoor SOUTH Terrace (options 1 to 5) and EAST Terrace (option 6). Both the South and East Terraces will be heated.
What will be offered to event guests?
- The Most amazing view of the Ball Drop
- Six (6) hours of Open Bar (9pm-3am) with tasty hors d’oeuvres and sweets;
- Perfect music by top DJ spinning all night with spacious dance floors;
- Midnight toast and party favors;
- To experience the electricity of Times Square in a sophisticated and hip styled, newly renovated event space.
What will be offered to Novotel New York guests?
A cash bar will be available for hotel guests with access to the East Terrace – upper outdoor section with direct views of the ball drop.
Anyone 18+ years old may attend event;
No one under the age of 16 will be allowed to attend;
All 16 to 17 year olds must be accompanied by an adult;
Attendees must be 21+ years to drink.
Who is coming to our event?
People from around the world will be attending this extraordinary New Year’s Eve celebration.
Can I get out of the event space and come back?
Yes, but please remember, it may be difficult for you to come back to the venue due to the traffic blocks. Also, no one will be allowed to come back after 2am except Novotel New York Times Square guests.
Where is the Supernova Ball Drop taking place?
Just a few blocks away from Times Square and the ball drop at Novotel New York Times Square - 226 West 52 Street (between Broadway & 8th Avenue), New York, New York 10019.
How to get there?
You can come to the Novotel Hotel by cab, car (please be aware parking may be extremely difficult in this area due to Police Restrictions*) or subway: N or R @ 49th Street; B, D or E @ 7th Avenue; C @ 50th Street; 1 @ 50th Street.
Please allow yourself enough time to get to the event due to the traffic restrictions and people congestion.
The New York Police Department will begin restricting access to streets in and around Times Square about 2:30 p.m., moving northward with restrictions as the afternoon goes on. Broadway & Seventh Avenue will be closed to vehicles at 3PM. PLEASE be aware moving via bus, cab or car between 42nd and 59th Streets will be difficult after 6 p.m. You are better off walking or taking the subway. You will not be allowed to cross Broadway or Seventh Avenue once the streets have been closed. To come to the Supernova Ball Drop at the Novotel New York Times Square (located between Broadway and 8th Avenue), you must enter at Eighth Avenue. Please have your reservation(s) (sent via Eventbrite when you purchased your tickets) printed out to show as identification if needed.
New Year’s Eve Best – no jeans, caps or sneakers. Jackets are required for men.
Six (6) options ranging from OPTION 1, OPTION 2, OPTION 3, OPTION 4, OPTION 5 and OPTION 6.
- OPTION 1 includes: a window table (inside) with a direct view of Ball Drop, access to the event space (dance floor, open bar) and SOUTH Terrace (outdoor) where you can enjoy a direct view of the Ball Drop.
- OPTION 2 & OPTION 3 include: a table (inside) with a direct view of Ball Drop, access to the event space (dance floor, open bar) and SOUTH Terrace (outdoor) where you can enjoy a direct view of the Ball Drop.
- OPTION 4 & OPTION 5 include: a table (inside), access to the event space (dance floor, open bar) and to the SOUTH Terrace (outdoor) where you can enjoy a direct view of the Ball Drop;
- OPTION 6 includes: access to the event space (dance floor, open bar) and to the EAST Terrace (outdoor) where you will enjoy a direct view of the Ball Drop, but does NOT include a table inside.
To view more details about the different premium options and pricing for the evening, please click below :
An Open Bar from 9pm to 3am gives you the choice of premium drinks as champagne, wine, beer, cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks if desired. Top shelf beverages are NOT included: Single Malts, Patron, Scotch 12 years and up, Brandy, etc. Must be 21 and older to drink.
Food and Sweets Served:
A buffet will be offered until 11pm (hors d’oeuvres and sweets). Culinary dishes include: Stuffed Shells with Ham Mousse, Smoked Salmon with Dill and Caviar Crème Fraiche, Pot Stickers with a Ginger Wasabi Dipping Sauce, Beef Wellington with Red Wine Sauce, Pigs in the Blanket accompanied with a Honey Mustard, Angus Beef Sliders, Crab Croquettes, Spring Rolls and Empanadas. Vegetarian dishes will be available. (Food is subject to change.)
How do I make a reservation?
Our website is the official and only place where ticket(s) can be purchased. Costs indicated are per person and you will receive your ticket(s) via Eventbrite.
What is the cost per ticket?
All prices for tickets are available on our website.
What is the payment procedure for bookings?
Payment must be paid at time of booking. Credit cards only.
Refund and cancellation policies:
All sales are final and non-refundable.
How long do I have to buy my ticket(s)?
This event sells out quickly. We encourage you to buy your tickets as soon as possible.
Do I get a discount if I’m a hotel guests or under 21?
Unfortunately, we have a limited amount of space available and cannot offer any discount.
Looking forward to seeing you at Supernova Ball Drop, the greatest party in Time Square. Happy New Year!